National Research Agenda
The National Coordinating Center for Public Health Services and Systems Research (PHSSR) worked with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), Altarum Institute, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to develop the new PHSSR research agenda to guide the future of the field.
SPECIAL ISSUE OF AJPM
Click here to download the agenda.
Click here to download the brief.
Click here to view the AJPM Supplement.
The Public Health Workforce
- Demand, Supply, and Shortages
- Diversity and Disparities
- Recruitment and Retention
- Workforce Competencies
- Educational Methods and Curricula
Public Health System Structure and Performance
- System Boundaries and Size
- Public Health Agency Organization and Governance
- Interorganizational Relationships and Partnerships
- Performance Measurement, Quality Improvement, and Accreditation
- Social Determinants of Health and Health Disparities
Public Health Financing and Economics
- Fiscal Analysis
- Financing Mechanisms
- Costs, Performance, and Outcomes
Public Health Information and Technology
- Capabilities to Assess and Monitor Health Outcomes
- Translation and Dissemination of Research-Tested Public Health Strategies
- Information and Communication Technologies
Receive Updates on the Agenda
The National Coordinating Center for PHSSR continues to work with our partners on the agenda's evolution. Please consider becoming a member of our website by creating an online profile or following us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube to receive updates on the PHSSR research agenda.