Mentored Research Scientist
|Click here to download |
a copy of the full CFP.
| ||Click here to download |
a copy of the CFP Overview.
| || || |
This solicitation supports mentored research scientist development awards to strengthen the pool of researchers available to conduct PHSSR and to build on successful principles and models previously demonstrated in public health and health services research. The awards support mentored, intensive career development experiences through funding, educational experiences and protected research time, leading to research independence for the awardees.
The mentored research scientist development awards will support junior investigators through a career-building PHSSR research experience. The awards are designed to enhance researchers’ attainment of advanced research skills in PHSSR, and prepare them to viably compete for larger awards from organizations such as the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Preferred applicants will demonstrate significant research experience, potential to become a major investigator in PHSSR, and a long-term career commitment to PHSSR. The National Coordinating Center for PHSSR and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) seek to expand the evidence-base for effective decision-making in public health practice and policy through research that responds to the questions defined in the National Agenda for PHSSR. Visit the FAQ page for more information.
- Approximately $800,000 is available through this solicitation.
- Up to eight (8) grants will be awarded through this solicitation.
- Each grantee will receive up to $100,000 for a maximum of 24 months.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- June 4, 2013 (3 – 4 p.m. ET) - Optional applicant Web conference call. To attend, please go to https://connect.uky.edu/phssr_mrsd_awards and select Enter as a Guest.
- August 21, 2013 (3 p.m. ET) — Deadline for receipt of full proposals.
- Late October 2013 — Finalists notified.
- January 2014 — Start of grants.
How to Apply
Proposals for this solicitation must be submitted via the RWJF online system. Visit www.rwjf.org/cfp/phssrms2 and use the Apply Online link. If you have not already done so, you will be required to create a profile on http://my.rwjf.org before you begin the application process.