Back to Upcoming EventsRSS
Public Health Informatics Network ConferenceDate:
8/21/2012 - 8/23/2012 |
Location: Atlanta, GA
The CDC Public Health Information Network (PHIN) is a national initiative to improve the capacity of public health to use and exchange information electronically by promoting the use of standards and defining functional and technical requirements.
PHIN strives to improve public health by enhancing research and practice through best practices related to efficient, effective, and interoperable public health information systems.
CDC’s role in PHIN is:
- Supporting the exchange of critical health information between all levels of public health and healthcare,
- Developing and promulgating requirements, standards, specifications, and an overall architecture in a collaborative, transparent, and dynamic way,
- Monitoring the capability of state and local health departments to exchange information,
- Advancing supportive policy,
- Providing technical assistance to state and local health departments, and
- Facilitating communication and information sharing within the PHIN community.