Back to Upcoming EventsRSS
NACCHO 2012 Annual MeetingDate:
7/11/2012 - 7/12/2012 |
Location: Los Angeles, CA
NACCHO Annual 2012 is an opportunity to join a thousand of your colleagues for the year's largest gathering of local health officials in the United States. NACCHO is the only national organization that hosts annual conferences that specifically address the needs and concerns of local health officials.
NACCHO Annual 2012 will provide an interactive setting for local health officials and their public health partners from around the country to examine strategies, share ideas, and plan actions necessary for public health leaders to create and build upon a forward-looking vision of local public health through disease-prevention interventions and wellness promotion, elimination of health inequities among individuals and communities, and expanded leadership capacity within local health departments.
Announcing 2012 Conference Theme and Session Tracks…
Navigating the Currents: Positioning Local Health Departments for the Future
- Chronic Disease Prevention and Control – Funding Prevention vs Treatment
- Policy, System, Environment, and Organizational Change
- Making the Case for Local Health Departments with Limited Resources
- Transforming and Supporting the Local Public Health Workforce
- Building a Disaster Resilient Community: Sustainable Approaches to Planning, Response, and Recovery for Public Health Emergencies
- Public Health Research